Motorcycle Race Starter Rollers

Motorcycle Race Starters

Forums

Forum Home > problems (state your case) > Battery Connections

roscosrollers
Site Owner

Geoff, I recieved my starter yesterday. It was packaged very nicely, and arrived in great shape.

I went to the battery store and bought a new optima blue top battery, 920 CCA. It cost about 300 bucks!

A word of warning, *

I installed the cables with the wing nuts you included. After cranking for about 2 seconds, the stud on my battery melted right off! !!I took it back, and they told me to ALWAYS use hex nuts and to tighten very well.

Aparently, I did not get the wing nuts tight enough (I only used my hands)

Perhaps you might mention in the instructions to make sure to get the cables tight.

Other than that, it works great and started my BSA right up. I love it, Thanks!

Rodger Monreal

July 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

roscosrollers
Site Owner

Sorry for the problem Rodger.

Glad you got your Goldstar cranking.

Best wishes for the future.

Can we use your comments for the testimonial page and issues page on our website?

Your problem and comments are very valid and could well benefit others, although we have never had this issue occur before.

ALSO: be sure to push your foot switch plug in fully (tight fit) and do not remove by pulling on the cable. but use the plug to remove.

Regards

Geoff

PS: a photo of your BSA would be nice to see if possible.

July 3, 2014 at 6:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

7805 views - 0 comments
17579 views - 65 comments
7413 views - 1 comment

Upcoming Events

Wednesday, Mar 21 at 6:00 AM - Friday, Mar 23 5:10 AM
Thursday, Mar 21 at 6:00 AM - Saturday, Mar 23 5:10 AM
Saturday, Mar 21 at 6:00 AM - Monday, Mar 23 5:10 AM
Sunday, Mar 21 at 6:00 AM - Tuesday, Mar 23 5:10 AM

Testimonials

• "Hi Geoff Got the Roller and all is well. I use it to start my BSA A10 in the cold mornings; easy! I?ll get a video one day; meantime here?s a pic of the Beeza and my BMW [..."
    Tim Moriarty
    Customer
  • "Hi Geoff, Used the roller on the weekend at the track and was very impressed how easy it started all of our bikes. The build quality of the product is of a very high standard ..."
    Glenn Tisdell
    Roller Purchase